Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kilt shopping and Castles




Edinburgh was beautiful in the morning. Jessica likes to sleep in... a lot... so as pure excitement had awoken me at 6:00am, I took myself for a wander around the Grass Market, the area in which we were staying. It's not far from Edinburgh Castle, and the Royal Mile - basically a big long street with lots of tourist shops. Still rather freezing, but I dressed myself appropriately this time! I walked past some really funky looking vintage stores, one had a window display with Dorothy, Toto and The Tin Man.

Walking around Edinburgh is lovely, but you do have to watch your step on all of the cobbled streets... there may or may not have been a few trip ups, disguised as sudden breaks into a run... Actually, there wasn't, because I think a nice trip up is good for the ego. Doesn't hurt to mildly humiliate yourself in public every now and then.

Later, when Jessica woke up we went for a spot of shopping on The Royal Mile. I found myself a nice Celtic ring, but my favourite purchases for the day would have to be Jonah's knit jumper, cool tshirts, KILT, and little leather pursey thing, that does actually have a proper name... and maybe I shouldn't call it a pursey thing in front of his Dad... ha.

After shopping went to Edinburgh Castle, which has the best views of the whole city. Lots of interesting history there, but I won 't bore you with the details... mostly because I can't remember any of it.

That night we went further down into the New Town part of Edinburgh and had great tapas and cider. And, I think we passed the place on Princes Street, where one Cory Jay Cooper proposed to one Jenny Anne Vella!

Love to you all. Sorry... kind of a boring post, but I can't remember all of the funny stuff now. xox

No comments: